We celebrated Mitzie's 78th birthday a few months back. (March 1st) It has been a difficult year for her as she (and we) struggle with her worsening Alzheimers. She was actually doing fairly well then. We got her out for a haircut and shopping a few days before her birthday. She even went bowling with Tony and the kids and I. Her biggest problems currently are progressive weight loss and weakness, tiredness and difficult behaviors. We just switched her anti-depressant and that seems to be helping with everything but the behavior. Next week she will be getting her remaining bottom teeth extracted so I'm sure that will bring additional challenges.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Grandma Mitzie's 78th birthday
We celebrated Mitzie's 78th birthday a few months back. (March 1st) It has been a difficult year for her as she (and we) struggle with her worsening Alzheimers. She was actually doing fairly well then. We got her out for a haircut and shopping a few days before her birthday. She even went bowling with Tony and the kids and I. Her biggest problems currently are progressive weight loss and weakness, tiredness and difficult behaviors. We just switched her anti-depressant and that seems to be helping with everything but the behavior. Next week she will be getting her remaining bottom teeth extracted so I'm sure that will bring additional challenges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment